Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas

As the morning came upon us my excitement grew. I already knew what I was getting for Christmas but Ryan had no idea. As we laid in bed I looked at the clock. It was now 8 in the morning. time to wake him up! I turn to him and begin to shake. He was half asleep so needless to say, this did not make him very happy. I was acting like a little girl on Christmas morning who couldn't wait to see what Santa had brought. Ryan finally complied and got out of bed. I had to bring in his gift from the garage so he closed his eyes and sat in the kitchen. With me not being a good wrapper and not wanting to wrap his gift, I set it on the floor and told him to open. He got really excited. He got a new pair of waders and a dog box for hunting. He gave me a big hug and kiss, said thank you, and then we were off to watch my gift.

The 2 things I got for Christmas were a paid of Timberland boots and a Roku. A Roku lets you stream internet to your TV with special apps., like Hulu Plus, Netflix, HBO GO, etc. It is pretty much awesome! We watched movies and clips all morning until we had to be to Linda's by 1.

Well we were a little late but made in there with gifts in tow. I gave out the crafts I had made (wood letters covered in holly berries) and received several crafts as well. They all were amazing and can't wait to either use them next year or put them up around the house. After lunch and pictures it was then off to see Arland at the AL (Assisted Living). He looked happy but had taken a fall earlier in the week, giving him a scab on his nose. Ryan and I both told him that there was no need to dress up like Rudolph for Christmas. He laughed and thought we were funny.

Then off to Fred and Char's we went, and arrived around 3:30. These people always amaze me. They are always so happy and ready to party. I couldn't wait to give them their Christmas gift so right after opening the door, I had them open it. Again I am not good with wrapping so we wrapped it in Ryan's jacket to give a dramatic effect and it worked. I made them a giant letter E with wine corks that covered it. It looks perfect in their place with their wine colored walls. The night stayed in a happy place with more food and gifts. We even got to speak with Alicia and the boys. We sent them some video games which I hope that they really like. They said they did. Cole even asked me what I got and when I told him boots he began to sing back to me, "Apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur." I laughed and explained the boots. Barbi and Gordon gave us a wall hanging that says, "Eakin House Rules" It is really cute, and everyone loved it! Alicia made us mugs that are awesome! Mine has a L on the from and a dandy lion at the bottom. Ryan's has a R and a saying in the bottom, "you have just been... poisoned". He also received a little guys that Alicia made that looks like a zombie. It is awesome! He loves it!

More gifts came but so did the time to run to my parents house. Full from our last 2 stops We arrived to the Peterson's ready to see everyone. However, at this point I had a pounding headache that seemed to not want to leave me. I took some IB Profen and it cleared up, but not without some side effects. None the less, we gave our gifts and received more. My parents gave us a vaccum and Annie gave us a temple block. My aunt Carolyn gave us gifts as well as more from my parents. My dad has a hard time not buying flashlights or hammers every time he goes into Home Depot. This just meant he would buy more for everyone.

We gave the boys the game of "Rayman Origins" and the girls got the 4 movies of Shrek in 1. Everyone seemed very happy. Boys playing games and everyone talking. As my side effects came more apparent so did the rumblings of my stomach. We left in a bit of a rush but overall this Christmas was a good one. I can't wait to see what we will have in store for next year!

Pictures will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment